- The Altar Bar
1620 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4323
- (412) 263-2877
- firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Click here for directions from Google Maps.
- Tuesday – June 5th, 2012
- 7:30pm Doors / 8:30pm Show
- $13 Advance / $15 Door (Tickets available from firstname.lastname@example.org with no Ticketmaster fees!)
- Show by Drusky Entertainment
- Drusky Entertainment Event Page
- Buy Tickets here, or better yet get them directly from Ernie and the Berts!
- From the Altar Bar website: *** WE ARE A NON-SMOKING ESTABLISHMENT ***
- Reverb Nation Event Link: http://www.reverbnation.com/show/6750020
- Facebook Event Link: http://www.facebook.com/events/353894537967619/
- Google Calendar Link
THE REAL McKENZIES hail from Vancouver, Canada, and don kilts and bagpipes to celebrate their Scottish heritage. Born in 1992, THE REAL McKENZIES were the brainchild of singer Paul McKenzie, who claims, while at a party, heard Robert Burns playing in one room and the Sex Pistols in another. This epiphany led to the celtic cocktail they serve up by mixing rock, punk, and folk with a splash of whiskey and the odd Scottish traditional as a garnish. They have just released their eighth album, Shine Not Burn, on the Fat Wreck Chords label.
Through constant touring around the globe, THE REAL McKENZIES have carved out a role as modern minstrels through a relentless commitment to playing live music over the past 18 years. Fueled by an insatiable longing to entertain, the band is truly at home in front of an audience regardless of the size or venue. Whether playing monumental rock clubs, festivals, or tiny squats, electric or acoustic instruments, THE REAL McKENZIES immediately captivate any crowd through their jovial and heartfelt style. Guitars and bagpipes play off each other as Paul McKenzie weaves historic tales into a modern, Scotch-drenched mythology. Shine Not Burn (the motto of the McKenzie Clan) is the first release that captures and delivers the essence of a REAL McKENZIES live performance. Recorded in August 2009 at Wild at Heart in Kreuzberg, Berlin, Shine Not Burn utilizes acoustic instrumentation to add an intimate aspect that has not been heard on any previous REAL McKENZIES releases. Exploiting the incredible talents of former members of the legendary bands The Descendents, Good Riddance, and DOA, while adding a mandolin and fiddle to the mix, the music on Shine Not Burn is the perfect complement to Paul’s trademark banter and passionate singing. For the listener it brings to life the experience of a REAL McKENZIES show without actually being there.
The Real McKenzies previously released Off The Leash and 10,000 Shots, (Fat Wreck), Oot & Aboot and Loch´d & Loaded (Honest Dons), Pissed To The Gills and Clash Of The Tartans (Sudden Death), Real McKenzies (IFA)
- Barb Wire Dolls, The Cheats, The Botched, Ernie and the Berts, & Revenge Memorial at the Altar Bar! (ernieandtheberts.wordpress.com)
- More News About Shows (In Pittsburgh, This Time) – Part 1, Ernie and the Berts (ernieandtheberts.wordpress.com)
- A double number two! (ernieandtheberts.wordpress.com)
- Backallie Music Awards – Sun.Jan 15th! (ernieandtheberts.wordpress.com)
- Photos! (ernieandtheberts.wordpress.com)
- More News About Shows (In Pittsburgh, This Time) – Part 1, Ernie and the Berts (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Bert and Ernie Recording TomTom GPS Directions (laughingsquid.com)