We have a show coming up that you ought to make an extra effort to attend. We don’t do many all ages gigs, so this may be your only chance for a while.
This formerly had a slightly more impolite name, but it has been toned down a little bit: P!$$ ON CANCER: A Musical Collaboration to fight for a friend’s life!
A friend of Bert’s has set up the show, and it looks to be (the good kind of) chaos. Disgust in Disguise are a bunch of cool cats and it looks like there’s a really diverse set of musical genres happening, as well as a silent auction and some food & drink specials.
We’re asking you to come out, support a good cause, listen to some music, eat, drink, & be merry. Please don’t literally pee on anything or anyone. (This means you, Brad.)
Here are the details in case you missed ’em!
When your body is your enemy, how would you choose to fight?
Join us as we take a stand against a friend’s cancer.
Help us fight his silent war.
March with us, beside him, as we tell his cancer to F@#! off!
He’s ours. We’re not done with him, yet!
- 12:00 AM | Voices and Vessels | FB / RN / My_ / @t | (Metal / Post-Hardcore)
- 11:00 PM | Disgust in Disguise | FB / RN / My_ / @t | (Metal / Hardcore / Punkrock)
- 10:00 PM | Ernie and the Berts | FB / RN / My_ / @t | (Rock / Pop / Punk)
- 09:00 PM | Lyndsey Smith | FB / RN / My_ / @t | (R&B/Soul / Funk / Pop)
- 08:00 PM | Midnight Rose | FB / RN / My_/ @t | (???)
- 07:00 PM | The Ele[mental] | FB / RN / My_ / @t | (Rock / Alternative / Indie Rock)
- 06:00 PM | The Long Knives | FB / RN / My_ / @t | (Indie / Psychiatric / Distofuzzadelic)
- Clark Bar & Grill
503 Martindale St., #100
Pittsburgh, PA 15212-5741
- (412) 231-5720
- Google Map It
- Friday – Oct. 21st, 2011
- ALL AGES!
- $8 at the door (More generous donations accepted!)
- Silent auction happening!
- Food & drink specials will be happening!
- Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197668483636541
- Reverb Nation Event: http://www.reverbnation.com/show/5547957
- Google Calendar Event.
- Yahoo! Calendar Event
- OnlyInPgh.com Event
If anyone has any more details, links that I missed, or a flyer, please let us know in the comments!