One lucky Ernie and the Berts friend & fan who goes by the YouTube handle johnnyaUSA captured a very special moment last night. Ernie got to live out 3 rock n’ roll dreams (a.k.a. “steps to becoming a man”) at the 31st Street Pub and it’s all captured here on video. What are they? Well, you’ll just have to watch and see!
It just goes to show you that if you don’t really put any effort into things, it’s OK. Why? Because you can do a half-assed job in front of a room full of friends, peers, and strangers… and most of them will be too drunk to care anyway.
Here are some photos that Jason took of our set, click the thumb to see the full size photo…
Here’s all the bands that participated last night, even though the sign clearly stated “Absolutely No Covers“:
All of the above bands are worth checking out. If you see that they’re playing somewhere soon, go out an see them! The theme of the night (besides Turbonegro love) was that it’s all about having a good time, getting along, and supporting all of the other bands and venues in the local scene. We look forward to rocking out with all these cats in future shows, and hope we’re invited back to the next one of these million-band tribute shows!
These are all the links that I could find…
- Trousersnake - MySpace
- The Cheats – Facebook / MySpace
- The Undercover Saints – Facebook/MySpace
- Ernie and the Berts – Facebook / Reverb Nation / MySpace / Twitter
- Shiver – Facebook / MySpace
- El Grosso - MySpace
- Trash Magnet – Facebook / MySpace / Reverb Nation
- Rust Belt Homewreckers – Facebook / MySpace
- The Sablowski’s – Facebook / MySpace
- Face Down Presley – Facebook / MySpace
- Hot Stuff – ??? (Anyone have any url’s for them?)
Check all the bands out when you have the time!
And, really, this was the undisputed highlight of the evening from the Trouser Snake set:
Photos by Bert from all the bands that night can be seen here:
Or, check them out on Facebook (and don’t forget to tag your friends)!